The Estonian Academy of Security Sciences is pleased to invite you to an International Erasmus and Teaching Staff Week “Creativity, Innovation, Research and Technology in internal security area” , which will be held between the 1st and 4th of May 2018 in Tallinn, Estonia.
This International Week is targeted towards administrative and teaching staff dealing with international projects, research, innovation and e-learning.
At the EASS we believe that innovation is a foundation of learning. The goal of the International Week is to present new innovative technology trends as well as to introduce ongoing and future research and development projects. The participants also get the change to introduce their new project ideas to colleagues all over Europe visiting our international week.
We are pleased to welcome you to participate in our Academy’s annual innovation day. This is already the eighth spring we bring you news, developments and bright ideas from the area of technology and innovation that guide us both in our everyday and work lives.
This year’s subtopic is “Man or Machine?”, and throughout the day we will seek answers to the question of what is the balance between technological improvement and human capabilities?
Key elements of the programme:
- Officials’ physical and mental capabilities in the 21st century.
- Unique fire resistance test for timber buildings – who won, fire or the building?
- Opening of the best practice border in Europe and a demonstration exercise.
- The past, present and future of unmanned vehicles.
- Implementation of geoinformatics in internal security, GeoSKA project.
- Top 10 technology news from 2017.
- Digital Safety Duel.
With this initiative we wish to open the Estonian Academy of Security Sciences to our partners in order to strengthen international cooperation, discuss new technology trends and find possible new research and project ideas.
The participation fee will be 250 EUR/participant, which will include:
- Registration in all activities of the International Week;
- Participation in the annual innovation day;
- Accommodation in Park Inn by Radisson Meriton Conference & Spa Hotel Tallinn in the city centre within short walking distance of the main attractions, business and shopping areas, for 3 nights, with check-in on Tuesday, 1st of May and check-out on Friday, 4th of May in a single room with breakfast included;
- Meals and coffee-breaks in the framework of the official program;
- Local transportation within the program;
- Visits to internal security area institutions or innovation centres;
- Old town tour;
- An information kit.
You are welcome to the EASS’ thought exchange and inspiration seminar “Innovation Day“.
Application deadline is 16.04.2018.
With further questions please contact Mrs. Kaisa Kägu
Estonian Academy of Security Sciences
Senior Specialist of International Relations, Erasmus+ Coordinator
kaisa.kagu [at] sisekaitse.ee, +372 6965405