We are happy to announce that the annual International Week of the Estonian Academy of Security Sciences takes place on 4 – 8 November 2019 with the topic "On the border". Within the International Week we are pleased to welcome you to participate in our Academy’s annual conference.
Detecting borders is always difficult, as they are not usually clear straight lines. We at the academy have finally crossed a borderline – moving to the new hi-tech study building and celebrating the 10th anniversary of the Master’s studies.
An important challenge in the area of security and safety has been the detection of threats related with mental, informational, psychological, geographical, legal, physical etc borders. Similarly, the preparation for the prevention and combating of such threats also in borderline situations as there are often dangers below the set lines.
Keywords: border, cyber border, state border, masters of security studies.
Monday, 4th of November
19.00 Welcome Dinner
Tuesday, 5th of November
Conference "On the Border"
Wednesday, 6th of November
Conference "On the Border" continues
Thursday, 7th of November
Tallinn Old town tour
Friday, 8th of November
Please register to the International Week here.
Deadline for applications is 15th of October 2019.
The participation fee will be 300 EUR/participant, which will include:
- Registration in all activities of the International Week;
- Participation in the conference;
- Accommodation in Park Inn by Radisson Meriton Conference & Spa Hotel Tallinn in the city centre within short walking distance of the main attractions, business and shopping areas, for 4 nights, with check-in on Monday, 4th of November and check-out on Friday, 8th of November in a single room with breakfast included;
- Meals and coffee-breaks in the framework of the official program;
- Local transportation within the programm;
- Visits to internal security area institutions or innovation centres;
- Old town tour;
- An information kit.
With further questions please contact Mrs. Kaisa Kägu
Coordinator of International Cooperation
DEPARTMENT OF INTERNATIONAL COOPERATION AND DEVELOPMENT
+372 696 5405; +372 512 6353
kaisa.kagu [at] sisekaitse.ee